World Habitat Awards 2013 – finalists announced
The ten finalists for the 2013 World Habitat Awards have been chosen from a list of over 200 projects from across the globe.
This year’s finalists illustrate a real cross-section of good practice in housing and include projects focusing on homeless people, access to clean energy in rural areas and community-led service provision as well as restoration and sustainable living in cities.
World Habitat Awards 2013 finalists
• Community Management of Urban Infrastructure – Argentina
• The Struggle for Housing in Central Areas – Brazil
• Cooperative Programme for the Development of Urban Neighbourhoods – Cameroon
• CCOC Beaver Barracks Redevelopment – Canada
• Milton Park Community – Canada
• Renewable Energy for Chinese Farmers – China
• 30 Years of Planning Continuity in Freiburg – Germany
• Alliances for Building Capacities and Options for the Urban Poor – India
• Hebron Old City Rehabilitation Programme – Palestine
• The 100,000 Homes Campaign - USA
Find out more about each of the 2013 World Habitat Award finalists.
The winners will be announced in August.